Responsible for managing the development and implementation of a comprehensive IU diving program and policy to include scientific, recreational, and instructional activities to occur under university auspices. Additionally, the diving safety officer will:
- Hold the authority to suspend diving activities that are judged as unwise or unsafe while reporting decisions to the Diving Control Board for further review and voting.
- Ensure university compliance with federal scientific diving and breathing air fill station operation standards.
- Evaluate and oversee equipment inventories and equipment maintenance associated with breathing compressed gases as well as recreational and scientific diving investigations and training.
- Serve as IU Diving Control Board member and coordinator responsible for scheduling biannual meetings, reporting dive program activities, and preparing recommendations for the board’s review to include changes to policy or standards across all diving program arenas.
- Surveillance over documentation of university divers’ medical forms, liability releases, incident report, dive plans, emergency action plans, and dive logs.
- M.S. Recreation, Indiana University
- B.A. Underwater Archaeology, Anthropology, History, Indiana University
- Certificate in Underwater Resource Management, Indiana University
Professional Certifications and Experience:
- Diving Safety Officer - Indiana University, since 2018
- Coordinator, Academic Diving Program, Indiana University, since 2018
- Assistant Director, Center for Underwater Science - Indiana University, since 2017
- PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer
- Emergency First Responder Instructor
- PSI/PCI Hazmat Technician
- DAN Diving Emergency Management Provider Instructor
- Disabled Divers International Instructor