Analytical X-Ray Devices
In order to meet the current regulatory requirements for training, all individuals who wish to use analytical x-ray devices at Indiana University - Bloomington must accomplish the following:
- Complete online Radiation Safety Training. (found under Resources below)
- Read the Radiation Safety Guide for Users of Analytical X-Ray Systems.
- Review safe operating procedures with the Principal Investigator (or Lab Manager).
- Complete an X-Ray Safety Exam and Form XS-2; forward both to the Radiation Safety Office.
For users of non-enclosed “open beam” systems
- Complete an onsite review of safety procedures with the Radiation Safety Officer.