Assistant Biological Safety Manager
Assists with the development and implementation of a comprehensive program for biological safety and regulatory compliance. Serves as an IU Bloomington subject matter expert for the development and administration of a comprehensive program prescribed by federal regulations for biohazardous materials use. Ensures compliance with all requirements for security, training, transfer, use, storage, and disposal of these materials. Responsible for conducting laboratory inspections, assisting with biological shipments, reviewing research protocols that propose using recombinant DNA, infectious agents, toxins of biological origin, or human materials, and providing advice on risk assessments and appropriate bio-containment for use of biological materials.
- Ph.D. Biological Sciences, Neurogenetics, University of Missouri
- B.S. Biology, Genetics, California State University - Stanislaus
- Assistant Biological Safety Officer – Indiana University, since 2018
- Postdoctoral Fellow – Indiana University, 1 year
- Research Assistant – University of Missouri, 6 years
- Quality Control Technician – Siemens Diagnostic Healthcare, 1 year